Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

From the flea market to pretty

I spent 8 hours creating pretty things with my lovely pile of flea market finds . It's always so much fun to add the new treasures to the existing ones!
Recently a woman noticed a new necklace that I was wearing and asked me about it. I tokd her that I had designed it using cast away vintage jewelry. She looked skeptical and said, " How does that work and how do you figure out what goes with what ?". I told her a little bit about my process but she still could not quite see how a  single earring was something to be excited about.  I am used to this reaction,we live in such a throw away world. After a few more attempts at explaining she finally said, " Pictures. I need pictures ! ". And so today's post is a series of photos showing the before and after of a completed piece.
I hope this helps to explain the magical mystery tour that is my creative process♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment